Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dafuq??

Dafuq. I hate this awful non word so much. In case you don't know what it is/means, (I had to ask someone) I'll teach you. It is apparently another shortened version of "what the fuck?". The evolution went something like this: people would type "What the fuck", but that was too long. So they shortened it to WTF. Then that was either not cool enough, or just kept getting confused with "where's the fudge?", so it became "the fuck?". That, of course, was not ghetto enough, so it had to be changed to "da fuck?". Then, someone, somewhere, still wasn't satisfied. So, they smashed it together and stuck a 'q' in there. I still don't know why, and sadly, probably never will. I just know that I hate it very much, and if you type it, my opinion of your maturity goes down. A lot. Now, if I just saw this written by young teenagers, I would roll my eyes, but whatever. Usually (hopefully!!) teenagers will eventually outgrow that. However, the main place I see this, is on Babycenter. That is a website filled with full grown woman, with children. Most of them are pretty sanctimonious, but it's hard to take them serious when they write "dafuq?" on a post. It takes all of my willpower to not ask every person who types that, their age. I really dislike that slang, and I hope it goes away, fast. Now here is my question for anyone reading this. Do you know anyone who types this? Does it bug you as much as it bugs me? More importantly though, do you know anyone who actually SAYS "dafuq"? Is it just a typed thing, or will have have to see it in the dictionary some day?

1 comment:

  1. Have you noticed whether or not their baby names reflect Kre8v spellings also?

    ReplyDelete