Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Giving it a try!

This is my first time blogging, so please bear with me! Now, of course I fully understand that no one has perfect spelling/grammar/punctuation all the time. The occasional misspelled word does not send me into a nervous breakdown. But these days it seems that so many people have either forgotten how to spell, or never learned it to begin with. For instance, today I saw a comment on a picture of my sister that said " i miss u so fuckin much gurl.damn u got hella skinnyer.lol lookin sexy!" While I can appreciate that this young lady is attempting to compliment my sister, it hurts me to read that comment. I started to comment this; *girl  *any word but "hella" *thinner (for anyone not aware, the asterisk is frequently used when correcting grammar/spelling online). But I couldn't bring myself to be rude, even to someone I don't know. Tell me this, why do people insist on spelling girl with a u? Or take the time to write "I don't kno", but leave out that last letter? And seriously, what is with the word hella?? I have so many more, but I will leave them for another time. Tell me, what are your biggest spelling and/or grammar pet peeves?

7 comments:

  1. when people dont use puncutation or end sentences and then start new sentences or just keep typing without stopping and starting or dont use capital letters and use the wrong forms of their there theyre your youre

    LOL

    Boy, was that hard to type out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I kno ryte? It's so crazziii!!! Lyke omg!

    Lmao! Sorry Toni, had to. (: I am glad you didn't correct her cause she really is a sweet heart, however it is annoying.. Although she probably would have just laughed it off if you had put that. She knows that I'm one to correct grammar too, so I'm sure she's used to it. Haha.

    -Love, the little sister who got hella skinnyer.

    P.S. I HATE the word "hella" too, oh my god everyone in California uses it about 12 times per sentence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have a lot of them. I will admit I use some "text speak" on my phone, just because I am usually not trying to take all day to send a stupid text, but that's just shortened words like "bc" instead of because or "nvm" instead of never mind. I definitely agree with the things you listed above. Also, it bothers me twice as much for some reason if the person saying things like "gurl" and "skinnyer" is way too old to be talking like that, not that young people should act like idiots either, but I guess they have more of an excuse? Let's not forget the worst new fad ever - ommggg hoowww annoyinnngg isss thiisss? Seriously? STOP IT lol. I don't know why that pisses me off so much but I can't even read those posts. Maybe it has something to do with my slight word obsession (being a writer and a reader and always interested in the lyrics of a song, not just the music) or maybe I'm just a judgmental bitch lol but the way people carry themselves with words really does affect how I think sometimes. I have a 'higher up' in my company that uses terrible grammar in her emails and it truly makes me think less of her professionally, though I try not to I can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a suggestion for you. Don't ever read comments by your cousin Jason. He'll put you over the edge.
    Is it okay to write "wif (with) "free (three), "psaghettii (spaghetti)", or "lellow (Yellow)" if you are telling someone what the babies said and you are using quotes? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure how this happened, but the above post was meant to go on "Hanging with my boyframmmmmmmm". Now I'm going to post it on the right one. To bad I can't delete it from this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It fits this post too Aunt Barb ;)

    ReplyDelete