Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stop Complaining!!!!

I think one of the things I hate on FB almost as much as the grammar and extra letters, is the constant complaining by certain people. My kids drive me nuts sometimes too. They bicker, they (and by they I mean ALYSSA, lol) run in the house, and sometimes forget to use their indoor voices. My husband isn't perfect either. He almost never remembers to take the garbage out, he leaves dishes and dirty clothes everywhere, and he can be a giant pain in the behind. And while we are on this subject, I don't always get along with my four sisters either. But I don't feel the need to post EVERY SINGLE DAY about how my kids are so terrible, and I can't handle them. Nor do I take to FB to declare my impending divorce each and every time I'm upset with my husband. Or disown my sisters once a week, when one of them irritates me. And do you know why? Because I'm not crazy. Come on now people. If your life is really that awful, you don't need to tell the FB community about it, you need to tell a therapist! Yes, we all need to vent once in awhile. I personally like to use the aforementioned four sisters to vent to, or the husband. Or one of my friends. Sometimes all of the above. But sometimes venting on FB just kinda happens. That is fine. But when every, or nearly every, one of your posts is complaining in some way about your awful kids, husband, family, or life in general, then something has to give. I have noticed as well, the ones who declare that "it's really over this time" after every fight with their spouse, never actually get the divorce. However, the two couples that I know who recently split up, never said a single word about it on FB. If you paid close enough attention, you may have noticed that one changed her relationship status to divorced, while one changed her's to single. Other than that, no indication whatsoever. Your drama and dirty laundry does not need to be aired for all the world to see. Also, while you are complaining about how awful your kids are, there is a mother out there somewhere wishing she could hold her baby one more time. Please keep that in mind.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. (A certain friend of mine) is always posting things like "I wish you cared..", "I wish you loved me as much as I love you..", "I told you I'm waiting. you don't realize I'm waiting for you to care. I could leave right now & you wouldn't even notice" and "I'm alone & I feel empty. god I'm torn apart inside." Just to name a few... lol. But than when everyone thinks her bf is an asshole, she doesn't understand why... Haha. Than when I said something to her about it, her reply was "If he sees I posted something on FB where everyone can see, he'll notice it more and feel bad.." WHAT?! I really feel like you should be able to talk to your significant other about these things in person and have him care.. Not have to get his attention over FB... And the normal "Man my kid is a pain in the butt sometimes.." Or something like that is fine, but don't do it to the point where people think you can't stand being a parent. =/ That's very sad.

    ReplyDelete