Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I never wanted a daughter....

It's true. I admit it. I wanted all sons. With Matthew, I knew the moment that the test turned positive that he was a boy. And that was exactly what I wanted him to be. With Alyssa, everyone assumed that I wanted a girl, since I already had a boy. But no, I wanted Matthew to have a brother. Instead, I got my princess, Alyssa. I never wanted a daughter....until I had one. Now, of course, I love my sons. Adore them even. After all, I only wanted sons, remember? And I was blessed with two wonderful boys. But that girl of mine... she is something else. She is such a girly girl sometimes. She loves to wear pink, loves dresses, purses, and My Little Ponies. She puts on her pretty pink dresses, has me brush her hair and put in pink bows, and goes outside to play in the dirt, with her best buddy, a worm, by her side. I never realized how cool it would be to have a little girl, who looks up to me so much. The other day, she wanted a fake tattoo on. She asked me to put it on her ankle, the right one, because that is where my tattoo is. Now, she tells me, we are twins. Just today she came out of her room in her Hello Kitty dress, with her pink sunglasses on, and her purse on her arm. She informed me that she is a mom, just like me, because she has a purse, just like me. But she is also 100% her own person, even at her young age. She is a little fashionista. The child is better at picking out matching outfits for herself then I am! That is all her, she certainly did not get that from me. Today, while I was browsing pictures online to get ideas for a haircut, she kept stopping me to tell me what hairstyles she loved. She has also decided that she wants to be an artist one day, more specifically, a painter. And I think it may just happen. She is my little artist already. She draws "abstracts", colors, and can draw a person much better then I can! We are the only girls, her and I, surrounded by boys. And us girls have to stick together. Especially when Lucas gets older and joins his daddy and big brother, doing all the "guy stuff". I always felt like I would be better at raising sons. I have never been very 'girly'. But, as it turns out, raising a little girl is pretty great too!

2 comments:

  1. There are times when we think we know what we want and whats best for us, and then the Lord shows us different. Just so you know, it will only get better. I loved every stage of my daughters lives (even the teenage years).

    ReplyDelete