Friday, July 8, 2011

You're how old...?

Okay, as you all know, the bad grammar/extra letters, things like that, annoy me. It's even worse, however, when it is adults doing it. I have come to expect it from the under 18 crowd. But, if you are old enough to legally drink in the United States, you should AT LEAST be able to spell the word 'what'. It is not wat, people, it is what. Also, although "gonna" is technically not proper, it is widely accepted. However, it is not gunna or ginna. It is short for "going to", therefore, it is g-o-n-n-a. I have a teenage girl and her mother both on FB. And sadly, they talk EXACTLY THE SAME! That brings me to another complaint I have. What is the deal with people taking pictures of themselves and their boyfriends (because I never, ever see married people doing this one) kissing, and posting them on FB?? Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, but I don't need 75 pictures of us kissing to prove that. Which must be why I don't see this in the married folk. Anytime I see these pictures posted, it makes me think that the poster is either trying to flaunt their relationship to someone, or they are excited to finally be "grown up" enough to have a relationship. The exceptions to this, are pictures others take, such as wedding kisses, or kisses when a child is born. Now I don't object to the actual taking of these pictures of yourself kissing whomever you choose. But why do they need to go on FB, especially as your profile pic? Oh, and one last thing. If the way you are sitting on your boyfriend's lap can also be considered a sexual position, then it is not appropriate in front of family. Straddling him is NOT the same as sitting on his lap. FYI.

2 comments:

  1. I especially hate the ones where you can see tongue. Disgusting. Gil & I did a cute "kissy" pose in the photo booth @ Jenny's wedding and it was kind of weird & awkward. Something about kissing specifically for the camera feels wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..I think that if you post one or two cute pictures of you with your significant other kissing it's not all that terrible. Mind you I said the words ONE OR TWO and CUTE. Also one or two that are cute, taken by someone else, looks classier to me. But I guess I'm old and never really caught on to the taking pictures of yourself in front of the mirror for the sake social networking thing lol.

    ReplyDelete